Important: Prescott Jones does not, has not and never will sell Client data.
Your business relationship and our agreement with you is set out in our Terms of Business Agreement and nothing stated below should be construed as extending or modifying our liability under that contract.
1. When do we collect your personal data?
When providing you with insurance quotations we will ask you for personal data. If you proceed with an insurance policy or policies through Prescott Jones we will need to retain and process that data.
If you do not proceed with a policy and you want your personal data to be erased please let us know.
2. What personal data do we collect and retain?
Given the nature of our business we collect extensive personal data from clients including sensitive personal data.
3. How and why do we use your personal data?
We use your personal data exclusively for the purpose of providing you with insurance broking services such as providing quotations, arranging insurance policies, arranging premium finance for you (where requested), dealing with any claims you may have and administering the policy[ies] throughout their lifetime.
4. How do we secure your personal data?
We use a highly secure remote IT platform hosted by the leading global provider of cloud-based insurance management systems - Applied Systems Inc.
5. With whom do we share your personal data?
We share your data with Insurance Companies, Premium Finance Providers, Loss Adjusters/Claims Handlers and other Third Party Service Providers with the sole purpose of looking after your insurance affairs and dealing with any claims you may have.
6. Using your data for marketing?
From time to time we may keep you informed of other insurance products you may need for example in relation to emerging risks.
7. How long will we keep your personal data?
We will retain your personal data for as long as you keep us appointed as your Broker and as required to comply with any legal obligations we have.
8. Where is your personal data processed?
Your data is processed by Prescott Jones in the UK but many of the Insurance Companies with deal with are global businesses and they will inform you separately where they process your data.
9. What are your rights over your personal data?
You have the right to request …
- Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge in most cases.
- The correction of your personal data if incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- That we stop using your personal data for marketing.
- That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent.
Please put any request in writing to our Data Protection Officer …
Mike Steeds Operations Director Caswell House 53 Walter Road Swansea SA1 5PW
10. How to contact the Regulator
If you believe that we have not handled your data correctly, or you are unhappy with the response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. They can be contacted by phoning 0303 123 1113 or via the internet https://ico.org.uk/concerns/go