How do I make a complaint against Prescott Jones Ltd?
In the first instance:
Contact our Complaints Officer, Mike Steeds, either verbally or in writing, who will take details of your concerns and ensure that the matter is thoroughly investigated.
How to contact us:
By telephone on 01792 459898
In writing at:
Prescott Jones Ltd, Caswell House, 53 Walter Road, Swansea SA1 5PW
Or E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Acknowledge receipt of your complaint within five business days of receipt whether your complaint is made verbally or in writing.
If the complaint can be resolved within five business days, our acknowledgement letter will also outline the result of our investigation, unless the complaint can be resolved to your satisfaction by the end of three business days after receipt, when we will provide you with a summary of the resolution of the complaint.
If our investigation has not been completed within five business days, our acknowledgement letter will confirm that we will:
- Investigate the complaint and aim to respond within four weeks of receiving the complaint
- Explain that if we cannot complete the investigation within four weeks of receiving the complaint we will write again giving the reasons for the delay
- Explain that on completion of our investigation we will inform the complainant of the outcome and the options available
- If the complaint is about another party, such as an insurer with whom we have placed business, we will refer details of the complaint to the third party and confirm this course of action to you
At a period not exceeding eight weeks from receipt of your complaint, we will either:
- a) Accept your complaint
- b) Reject your complaint and give you full reasons for doing so
- c) Advise why we are still unable to provide a final response, the reason for the delay and when we can expect to be in a position to issue a final letter. At this stage you may be entitled to take your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service. In these circumstances this must be done within six months, otherwise you may lose this right. We will provide you with contact details in our letter, but information can also be found on their website: financial-ombudsman.org.uk
If, after following our complaints procedure, you are still not satisfied with the outcome, you may have the right to take your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service. In these circumstances this must be done within six months of our final response, otherwise you may lose this right. When providing our final response, we will provide you with contact details for the Financial Ombudsman Service, but information can also be found on their website: www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk and their contact details are:
The Financial Ombudsman Service
Tel: 0800 023 4 567
Please note that the Financial Ombudsman Service will only consider complaints from:
- Consumers (private individuals acting for the purposes which are wholly or mainly outside that individual’s trade, business, craft or profession)
- Micro-enterprises (businesses employing fewer than 10 persons and with a turnover or annual balance sheet total not exceeding €2 million)
- Other small businesses (with an annual turnover of below £6.5 million and less than 50 employees or with an annual balance sheet total of below £5 million)
- Charities with an annual income of under £6.5 million
- Trustees of a trust with a net assess value of under £5 million